We did some digging into the impact of customer service on a company’s success. Turns out, a customer is 4x more likely to switch to a competitor if they have issues with your customer service. Not only that but, 33% of customers say the most frustrating piece of their experience is waiting on hold, and another 33% get the most frustrated by having to repeat themselves to multiple support reps.
Statistically speaking, poor customer service is what drives your customers away. That means you can fix a majority of the reasons customers leave when you empower your agents and prioritize better service.
Empowering your agents means giving them the tools, resources, and confidence they need to do their jobs well and put your customers’ best interests first. Empower your agents to problem solve without seeking your help. Provide them with the resources so they can find accurate answers to problems. Give them omnichannel and automation tools that enable them to fix a customer’s problem quickly so they don’t have to put them on hold.
>> Download Now: The Business Impact of a Better Agent Experience
But, agents need your leadership and coaching to get empowered. It’s up to you to build your agents up and bring out their confidence. Empowerment doesn’t have to start with mass changes to your daily routine.
It can start with something as quick and simple as sharing words of encouragement to help your agents kick off their day the right way. We’ve put together a list of 15 encouraging quotes to empower your agents.
15 Encouraging Quotes to Empower Your Agents
1. “When you look for the good in others, you discover the best in yourself.” – Martin Walsh
2. “Nothing liberates our greatness like the desire to help, the desire to serve.” — Marianne Williamson
3. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” — Mary Anne Radmacher
4. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.” – Charles Swindoll
5. “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
6. “Don’t think or judge, just listen.” – Sarah Dessen
7. “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” – Jane Goodall.
8. “People will forget what you said. They will forget what you did. But they will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
9. “Make the customer the hero of your story.” – Ann Handley
10. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill
11. “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” – Dalai Lama
12. “What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
>> Learn More: Support your agents no matter where they’re working
13. “Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.” – Jamie Paolinetti.
14. “Empowering those around you to be heard and valued makes the difference between a leader who simply instructs and one who inspires.” – Adena Friedman
15. “Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them!” — Madam CJ Walker
Customers leave your company and jump to a competitor when they don’t have a positive customer service experience. And, that negative customer service experience is created by agents who aren’t inspired or empowered.
You have the power to fix that.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the colorful, lively posters to hang in your office space (whether a communal space or a nook in your own home):
>> Download Now: Jump to our Resource Center to download your inspirational posters
We originally published this post on October 18, 2018, and we updated it on July 8, 2021.