We all need a little boost of motivation when we return to our desks after a long weekend. Sometimes we only need a cup of coffee or a quick break to read our favorite blogs to get our head back in the game. Other times it feels like we need the help of a rocket ship to launch us back into productivity mode. So, as you come back to work and prioritize your to-do list, we’re here to give you some inspiration for your number one priority: coaching your agents.
Your agents depend on you to coach them intentionally and with their well-being in mind. When you take time to coach agents and give continuous feedback, not only will you have agents who feel like rock stars, but you’ll have agents who are actively engaged on the job and dedicated to your company. Data backs the idea that coaching needs to be five parts positive, and one part constructive. It turns out that 69 percent of employees say they would work harder if their efforts were better recognized, and 78 percent say being recognized motivates them in their job. A little positivity can go a long way.
Since agents need motivational boosts on the job, we thought we’d start the trend with you.
Whether you need a little boost or you’re on the rocket ship crew today, some inspirational quotes are always a nice pick-me-up to get you going.
Here are 20 of our favorite quotes to inspire better coaching in your contact center.
1. “I absolutely believe that people, unless coached, never reach their maximum potential.” – Bob Nardelli
2. “Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.” – George S. Halas
3. “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” – Jimmy Johnson
4. “Good coaching is good teaching and nothing else.” – Pat Conroy
5. “A good coach can change a game. A great coach can change a life.” – John Wooden
6. “I never cease to be amazed at the power of the coaching process to draw out the skills or talent that was previously hidden within an individual, and which invariably finds a way to solve a problem previously thought unsolvable.” – John Russell
7. “Make sure that team members know they are working with you, not for you.” – John Wooden
8. “A good coach will make his players see what they can be rather than what they are.” – Ara Parasheghian
9. “You get the best effort from others not by lighting a fire beneath them, but by building a fire within.” – Bob Nelson
10. “Coaching is unlocking a person’s potential to maximize their growth.” – John Whitmore
11. “One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals.” – Michael Korda
12. “Don’t let what you can’t do stop you from doing what you can do.” – John Wooden
13. “The secret to success is good leadership, and good leadership is all about making the lives of your team members or workers better.” – Tony Dungy
14. “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vince Lombardi
15. “Trying to do it all and expecting it all can be done exactly right is a recipe for disappointment. Perfection is the enemy.” – Sheryl Sandberg
16. “Fear can be created quickly; trust can’t.” – Ed Catmull
17. “A coach is someone who can give correction without causing resentment.” – John Wooden
18. “I could either watch it happen or be a part of it.” – Elon Musk
19. “The essence of leadership is not getting overwhelmed by circumstances.” – Kim Scott
20. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
Share some of your favorites with your team, or simply keep a few in your back pocket when you need a reminder about the impact YOU have on your agents. Now, go forth and coach!
If you needed some added pointers, take a peek at our blog post on the state of contact center coaching.